5b4

Sunday, July 08, 2007

A Broadway and the Beach

Friday, I invited myself to the beach:

Eun-sun: Yeah, some of us from LSU are going to the Jersey beach...
Josh: Oh my gosh, I've been wanting to do that! Can I come?!

I awoke at 8:00 a.m. Saturday and took a train to Jersey City and met some people to head to Point Pleasant in lower New Jersey. There was Marcella, Michael, Lisa, Fei, Eun-sun, Allison, Katarina, and me. Everyone was from LSU except Katarina. I must say the most ridiculous thing about the drive was that New Jersey has so many tolls, and for such strange amounts, the lowest being five cents.

The beach was severely overcrowded and we had to pay $7.50 each to use it for the day, but it was well worth it. The water was icy cold but felt clean to the skin. I'm surprised I didn't burn with all the sunbathing minus lotion I did. The return trip took an eternity. We got back to Jersey City at midnight and then went to "Koreatown," a one block section near Penn Station full of Korean establishments. We ate some traditional Korean food and then I took my tired self to bed.

Besides the usual Sunday worship service, I added a Broadway in as well. Monty Python's Spamalot, "lovingly ripped off" of the movie Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail. It was simply hilarious. It involved crowd interaction and lots of randomly absurd moments, which the Monty group is known for. It was truly one of my most enjoyable moments in New York, by far.

One more week on IBM this week. Mid-point evaluation tomorrow. Case study presentation to interns and a panel of partners Friday. Starting actual internal audit work with IPG next week.

44f ;