5b4

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Songwriting

It's been interesting for the past 2-3 months as I've had a deluge of songs stirred in my spirit. It's like I've been proverbially chained to my pen. The inspiration just kept flowin' and flowin' and I kept writin' and writin'. And when the Holy Spirit moves you to start composing - you just have to run with it while it's there. Seventy-three songs later, if I sit down to right a song, nothing comes. The flow of inspiration is done, at least for now.

I don't know if any of these songs will ever see the light of day...and many of them don't even have concrete melodies! - although some are very musically definite in terms of which way I'd run with them. Some are worshipful, some are frustrated, some are hopeful, some are scathing and even ironic. I just have so much dammed up inside of me. God knows it will be released at the right time.

And the question is am I even really musically inclined?...Kind of interesting having all these songs and not playing an instrument...furthermore, being a professed 'shower singer.' Though I won't post the lyrics, 'cause that'd be foolish, here's a list of the titles:


All You Are
Anything Else
Apparently
Authored My Salvation
Be
Beautiful Valley
Blind
Bound
Can You Hear Me?
Clinging On
Design
Dissolve
Down With Love
Elevator
Embarrassed of the Fire
Empty Hands
Enough to Captivate
Even Now I Haven’t Found the Treasure
Fear You
Foolishness
Forgetful Depths
Frail (Man in the Iron Mask)
Future Things
God of Them
Grace
Guitar’s Alive
Harshest Way
Hateful One
Her Lover
Here I Go
Hope Never Dies
Hoping for a Storm
Hurting People
Identity Crisis
Illusion
I’m Yet Mystified By You
Inquiries of a Freak (poem)
Jesus
Judgment
Keep Me Believing
Know
Lies
Look Upon
Lovely
Love You to Death
Make Some Noise
My Heart Is With You
Nothing But Dust
Oh Lord
One Nation Under God
Out of Things to Say
Prime of Life
Return to My First Love
Rose of Sharon
See You at Rephidim
Senseless Words
Show Me the Ring
Song of You
Sun and Shield
Tainted
Telling Me Please
The Glory of Rome
The Great I AM
This Is Your Song
This Time
Today
Trying to Hear
Verve and Velocity
Waiting for the Savior
War to the Hilt
What is Glory?
Where the Clouds Go
Zipporah

44f ;