5b4

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Romans 8:28

I would have thought I'd have shaken this cold by now ... but I was proven wrong ... went to work today feeling rather yuck.

Unfortunately, I had to miss Wednesday night service...'cause of work. Parents couldn't pick me up as that's where they were. So I had a good experience. Walked 3 and a 1/2 miles home.

I never thought I was spoiled...but maybe I am. Never thought of myself as an American middle class spoiled white boy. But maybe I should fess up and let God take my pride away.

Walking along the lonely highway of Military Road tonight wasn't bad or anything...it was a good experience and made me more appreciative of vehicular transportation. It wasn't even a big deal, but it and other circumstances in my life are showing me that God uses all things ... All things ... A-L-L things ... to work together for our good ... if we love him and are called by Him.

Other than that, I'm a bit down about the fact we could lose the house ... but then again, we've come close before and God saved the day last minute. Jesus definitely is my Superhero, our family's Superhero.

But even if what we don't want to happen does happen now ... we'll make it. I'm learning painfully that:

a) "We Are Not As Strong As We Think We Are" (Rich Mullins song)
b) We don't need as much as we think we do.

We only need what God says we do.

I pray that I'll maintain Job's attitude of "Though He slays me, yet will I trust in Him."

The words of a U2 song have been floating around in my head. It's like God's is speaking to me ... "what you don't have, you don't need it now."

I feel like I've shared too much information publicly on the internet, but I'm keeping it real...and I won't say what, but our family seems to be facing some dark days. I'll confess even in that there's the desire for someone to take pity...

...don't feel sorry. Jesus didn't need people to feel sorry for Him when He was pouring out His blood. It was necessary. Now, I'm in no way equating my situations to Jesus' pouring out his soul to death ... but the point is that a lesson we all need to learn is just what it means to take up our cross daily.

What did we think Jesus meant when he said in Philippians 3 (i think verse 10) that we must enter into "the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable to His death"? I mean, what did I, ME think when I read that scripture?! It means what it says! To know Jesus is to know pain ... we, through much tribulation, enter the Kingdom of God (the Bible says).

I want You Lord Jesus to take my pride away ... take my vanity, my selfishness awaaaaay, Lord. Make me humble. Psalm 51:17 says a broken and contrite heart You will not despise.

Bob Marley may not have known why ... but He was right, and I know why, 'cause I know Who...

Every little thing's gonna be alright.

44f ;