5b4

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Gameday Part 2

I didn't think I'd make the game today because I hadn't gotten a ticket...yet I walked around Tiger Stadium holding one finger up (not my middle one). FYI, that's the sign that you're looking to buy a ticket. You hold your finger up and walk through the crowd. I had offers from $50 (for student tickets? are you nuts?) to what I actually finally paid...$15, face value being $7.

Crazy...I see Mark everywhere. Sat next to him in the stadium...and a bunch of nice girls. This one girl kept asking us to reserve seats for her two girl friends who were coming. Mark and I rolled our eyes as more and more people took seats but we tried to keep our world to this girl and reserve the seats, which we did...but our row ended up being cramped: breathing room only.

How ludicrous it is to spend $10.50 on concessions...$3 for water, $4.50 for a soft drink, and $3 for a hot dog. And you really can't help it...I was in the stadium for 5 hours so I had to eat/drink.

Anyhow, the game was fun...just not as much as last time, because it was not as much of a cliffhanger...and it was normal. No streakers, no rain, etc. We won 53-3. Yeah, we smoked the Arkansas State Indians. But it's always fun to do all the various cheers and yell and scream till I'm hoarse and give people high-fives and all. Gameday is always just awesome.

Anyhow, I need to cut tonight's post short so I can watch Matrix Reloaded...I'm trying to get through the trilogy this weekend...and I need to be in bed so I can go with Patrick and Mica to church tomorrow.

Psalm 121 folks...keep looking up.

44f ;