5b4

Sunday, July 03, 2005

"You're Pitiful"

A story I heard of an experience a relative of mine had recently:

My aunt had to return a water filter to Mr. Fish, a pet supply store, because it did not fit her mini fish pond. At the store, a cashier refused to refund her money. My aunt tried reasoning that the filter didn't fit and that she had her receipt, etc. The cashier refused to give her her money back. She asked to speak with a manager. The cashier called someone over, apparently an approx. 19-yr. old guy. She explained the situation, but the "manager" refused to refund the money, saying, "The bottom of the receipt says that we can't refund electronics!" My aunt responded, "Do you ever read the bottom of a receipt?" The "manager" still was stubborn, so she figured this must not be the manager and asked to speak with THE manager. The guy told her, "I am the manager!" She said, "You're the manager!? You're pitiful!" He responded, "I'm pitiful?!...I'm calling the police!!!" My aunt then demanded to speak to the actual manager. The "manager" refused to say who the owner or any higher manager was. She asked again, but he said, "No, I'm not telling you anything!" She responded, "OH..you're not telling me, you know why? Cause the manager is your daddy." After enough ruckus she finally located the owner of the place and got things straightened out.

I almost died laughing hearing this story. Now I know what to do if a customer in my check-out line ever says I'm pitiful: CALL THE POLICE. ;-)

44f ;