5b4

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Residual Self-Image

One barbershop, two clothing stores, several inches of head and facial hair loss and a superb fashion consultant...all in 5.5 hours...Bean version 2.0. It's called a complete and extreme makeover. In all, I paid just under $190 for a haircut, 7 polo shirts, 3 pairs of pants, a pack of undershirts, and a pair of sunglasses. I have to give Samuel "Cody" Berry credit for being the fashion consultant there every step of the way. He did an awesome job, in all seriousness. So below is a sneak peek at the process of transformation....note the gradually disappearing facial hair. I was a little sorry to part with it. But, hey, I get to look like I'm 16 again.

I must say one other thing first, before we view the photos. I am experiencing what Morpheus calls "residual self-image," the mental projection of how I expect myself to look. And looking in the mirror is a slightly frightening (yet invigorating) affair now...














44f ;