5b4

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Halo Party

I'd always heard of these famed "Halo" parties but thought, "Halo, bah." I'm not very good at most FPS (First Person Shooter) video games, and playing Halo 2 with my college buddies has proved no exception. However, when I knocked off work tonight, I eagerly went with my brother and some friends to a Halo 2 party at someone's house...

Amazing! Brilliant set up. 5 TV's, all connected by a maze of cords throughout the whole house...and even one set of cords leading into the backyard, where several players sat huddled around a television set in an outdoor tent!! We had about 12 people playing the same round at once...along with pizza, cokes, and other party food. A couple guys had plug-in microphones, so you could hear some of the outbursts that come along with killing and being killed. I must say not only was the whole thing just enamoring, I honestly did pretty well tonight. I'm only decent with sniper rifles and energy swords. Anyway, it's an experience I'd love to have again, sometime.

44f ;