5b4

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

[Weekly] Update

Blah, I realized I haven't blogged in about a week, and this is only a dutiful post. Let's see, What have I been doing? Not too much. Trying to learn the art of waiting tables at Cracker Barrel. I'm still training; hopefully I'll have it within the next couple days and be able to be on my own. The actual waiting of tables is the easy part. It's all the screaming and throwing grits and biscuits around and ringing up food behind the iron curtain that has had my head swimming. I think this will prove a valuable experience, though. Everyone should wait tables at some point...it will make you tip better when you eat out in the future!

Other than that, I'm about to read the last 20 pages of The Fellowship of the Ring and start The Two Towers. It's pretty sad that it took me a whole semester to finish that book...granted, I only had the time to read, like, 2 pages at a time. Give me a week off school, and it does wonders for my literary life.

I'm also reading through the Book of Acts with Amanda...who is in Houston for the summer. Reading the Bible over the phone just isn't the same as in person. In about a month, I'm going to fly out there to cut the summer pining away period in two. [Yeah, yeah, cry me a river, Bean.] Oh, I'm not complaining...love is patient and enduring...

Well, I need to go iron my manly-man server apron...

44f ;