5b4

Thursday, January 04, 2007

I'm Engaged and Stuff

I know I dropped off the face of the earth during finals week, seemingly.

Ok, brief update. I got 3 A's and 2 B's last semester. Pretty good considering the fact I was very sick toward the beginning. The next week I went with the Mautz family to Colorado and had a wonderful time, the best Christmas ever. I met most of Amanda's family. Colorado was beautiful! A blizzard had just gone through when we arrived, so a couple feet of snow was waiting for us. I built snowmen, had snowball fights, et-cetera. We also went snow skiing one day. I was on the bunny slopes all day. I was able to stay on the skis and stop, but turning was still a problem toward the end of the day. I barely missed hitting several small children as I flew down the slopes, unable to "apply the brakes." It was frustating at times, at other times hilarious. Loads of fun.

Christmas Eve was wonderful, with a candlelight service. Christmas Day involved mountains of presents and a massive dinner with most of the family. We went shopping a lot, and also watched a lot of movies and did a 1000-piece puzzle. For New Year's Eve, we went cosmic bowling. We finally got back to Louisiana yesterday (Wednesday). Now Amanda's friend is getting married this weekend, so we've been spending time with her family.

And last but not least, Amanda and I are engaged, as of December 30, 2006. If it's that important to you, e-mail me and I'll tell you more details. As you can imagine, we're both on "Cloud 9" and rejoicing in the Lord! It is an indescribable and dreamy time in one's life to have made the final decision with the person you love to announce to the world your lifetime commitment to each other. God has been so good to us!





Postscript: Amanda saw the title of this blog post and exclaimed, "Engaged and STUFF?!" I want to clarify that is there for laughs. Obviously I am the happiest man on earth right now.

44f ;