5b4

Monday, October 22, 2007

Do Not Move

The last post I typed earlier in the day was one born of frustration.

I did not realize how bad my attitude was until I realized how little I was worshiping God.

I even got to the point in the day that verbal expressions of praise from others agitated me. In the weight room today, Patrick analogized this to an eight-year-old who despises the kiss of a married man and woman. I found my attitude had blinded me to the beauty of intimacy of worship.

And there's nothing like a good dose of conviction to cleanse the soul.

Tonight it came in the form of the Book of Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 2:11, Hath a nation changed their gods, which are yet no gods? but my people have changed their glory for that which doth not profit. The ungodly are dogmatic and unyielding in their servitude to lust, pride, obscenity, materialism, and the gods of this world. And yet we, who hold the Truth, have turned our backs away from God and apologize for our stance. I believe God would say to us, "DO NOT MOVE!" The world will not move from guarding and defending refuse, so why should we move from defending the Truth?

12:32 Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? yet my people have forgotten me days without number. Would Amanda have forgotten to wear her wedding dress on our wedding day? Would I have forgotten my tuxedo? How could I go days upon end without even venturing into my Savior's presence?

Selah.

44f ;