5b4

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mr. Clayton!

In law school, "we don't like you enough to call you by your first names," one professor tells us.

That's why this same professor shouted out those two words that were my dread and every other Section One 1L's sigh of relief:

"MISTER CLAYTON!"

That's right, my first time being "called on," as we say in law school. Prof. Torts, thankfully. Torts, my favorite subject. Not sarcastically; truly my favorite subject. I got to have a chat about Herrin v. Sutherland and Compuserve v. Cyber Promotions. Thankfully, a positive first experience.

In the midst of today's novel experiences, I must relate to cyberworld a new rule I have learned this week from (thankfully) not my own, but other students' experiences:

Rule #4: Don't tamper with the professor's hypothetical or you may be subjected to great wrath. i.e., play the professor's game. If he/she says the facts of a "hypo" are such and such and asks you what the result is, don't ask a counter-question adding additional facts. A professor's hypothetical is his/her intellectual property. And while it might not be legally protected, you may want to obtain legal protection before tampering with it.

44f ;