5b4

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Poetry

Laugh if you want. But there will always be a soft spot for poetry in my heart. And NO that doesn't make me a pansy. It means I'm a confident man. Okay this is just silly...there are plenty of cool guy poets, so. Whatever.

Anyway here are several of my compositions...

Have some poetry, dude...


"Inquiries of a Freak"

Is it a problem to believe?
Illegal to set a prisoner free?
Is it pride to take a stand?
Is the truth contraband?
Is it a weakness to be meek?
Is it the crazy men who seek?
Is it a sin to love the lost?
Am I a freak to bear my cross?
Am I a bigot to reject?
Are facts politically incorrect?
Is it love to numbly bide?
Is it grace to live a lie?
Is it improper to be obsessed?
Radical to leave the rest?
Is it ignorance to trust?
Wrong for Jesus to be a must?
Are we illuminated through denial?
Not worth it to go the extra mile?
Is it self-defense to condemn?
Not worth helping our fellow man?
Is it peace to harbor a grudge?
Uneconomic to give too much?
Is being faithful gullibility?
Is being patient lack of tenacity?
Is a shining light a public nuisance?
Its blinding tendency imprudence?
Is confrontation invading privacy?
If I compromise can I be really free?
Is covenanting archaic thinking?
Do these words have any meaning?

----------------------------------

"Homecoming"

The shining splendor emanating from the throne,
The richness of the invitation deeper than a thousand oceans brimming with eternity.
Resound, confound, the holy elements abound,
The smiling, illuminating Countenance invite into infinity,
Finally, once and for all.
The words I’ve heard confirmed the faith, the work--
“Well done, thou good and faithful servant.”

------------------------------

"Untitled"

This is an anecdote,
A tale,
A story,
A chronicle
Of a man,
A man who writes a poem.

Below thou findest a rhyme,
For what reason God knoweth.
And here beginneth the poem:

I am bored
With nothing to say,
But desiring to write
I’m disposed to what’s trite.

Thank you kind reader for hearing my thoughts.
Though they be none my head hurts a lot.

—Joshua P. Clayton

44f ;