5b4

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Eighteen

It was ironic last night before I went to bed listening to Switchfoot's "Let That Be Enough"...

It's my birthday tomorrow...no one here could know
I was born this Thursday...22 years ago

Would have been almost in the realm of the prophetic if that was "18"!

Anyhow, wow. Yummy chocolate cake and choco ice cream...I'm a chocolate freak.

I'm already impressed with being a major...now that I'm 18, I can...

  • Be federally and formally prosecuted as an adult
  • Be drafted as I've registered with Selective Service
  • Buy tobacco
  • Work long hours

Hmm...impressive. I go to work, they find out I'm 18...

"Happy birthday! Now you can work till close (midnight) Sunday night!"

Oh, joy.

And buy tobacco? Over my own dead body.

I really don't feel that much older...is this all there is to being an "adult"? Crasy/crazy (depending on whichever spelling floats your boat). ;)

I thank God that I'm alive at 18 and not a statistic...I know that the best is yet to come...and in terms of my future, as a song says, "If the driver's Christ, I'll go far"...

So, is anything else supposed to happen now that I'm 18? No fireworks or hair shooting out of my chest or anything like that?


44f ;