5b4

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Off to See the Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Actually there's no great Oz Wizard where I go...but there is a live caged tiger named "Mike."

For once, this will be a short post as I have a huge move-in day tomorrow.

Louisiana State University. 30,000+ students. Huge campus. Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA.

I packed everything...probably overpacked, but oh well.

It's happened so fast. My summer's gone and I'm off into the world of the unknown...

Yes, I'm excited. But I''ve been really nervous, too, more than ever in my life.

The Unknown. Ooh, spooky. Maybe not that spooky but...

It may be several days before I blog to the world of cyberspace again as there are bouque activities planned at LSU for the incoming freshman through next Sunday. (For those who don't know, Bouque is a French word for "many/much". We have many Acadian French in Louisiana.)

If you want to say a prayer to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for me, it'd sure be appreciated.

It's been a hard last few days for my family and I. Beautiful time at the Olive Garden Sunday...though my dad lavished $30 for dessert. And I tried distracting myself with other things like this new webcam (webcammie for some ;)) acting goofy and making videos and even sending a few. But now it's here. Independence.

Family worship tonight was good...but awkward. Rich Mullins' "If I stand" and "Ready for the Storm" were quite emotional for me.

This must be a big occasion...I don't like talking on phones...and I've called several people to say goodbyes and stuff.

World here I come...

44f ;