5b4

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Alas!

Alas, alas, parting is such sweet sorrow.
A half-hour ago I finished my last day of cashiering at Sav-a-Center.
As I gathered my coupons, checks, Coinstar payouts, and credit slips and then cleaned my conveyor belt…I realized that it was for the last time.
Last night was my last customer service shift…last night and today were hectic…so I finished on a high note, I guess.
Will I miss working there? I’ll miss the money.
No, no, really. It was a great place to work…I enjoyed it…and the people there were wonderful and professional. I will miss working there. But then again, I wouldn’t want to cashier for the rest of my life: I learned that much.

College next Wednesday! Ah! Got a mobile phone, got a printer cable…okay okay…need to transfer files from one computer to the one I’m taking…my computer wizard Uncle Jan straightened out the forty (4-0 !) security risks on the pc…so now it will work better. Got countless other items…my room looks like a warehouse with all the college stuff that’s waiting to travel with me next week…seriously…there’s barely walking room in there…

I’m leaving in just a minute to go to church to have a meeting. We are preparing for our first prison ministry experience two weeks from today…I’m going to come back from college that weekend for that. Believing God for great things to happen as a result of ministry in Jefferson Parish’s juvenile penitentiary…

And I have to come back that weekend because (glory to God) I have to be awarded a Sav A Center scholarship at a banquet that same weekend!

Well, it’s all happening so fast…I’m almost done reading Fast Food Nation (it’s taken forever)…so I’ll be ready for the academic convocation to go over it at LSU next Friday…ok ok…

And gracious, people, let’s count our blessings and say a prayer for those people down in Florida who got hit hard by Hurricane Charley.

44f ;