5b4

Friday, August 06, 2004

"It's Who You Are"

Our family spent some dynamite devotional time with God tonight…my parents were encouraging me about standing for Jesus in college…

My mom told me whatever happens…speak the Word. God has to respond when we speak His Word.

I’m now listening to the delirious? song “History Maker”. I’m really wondering why it’s been a couple months since I listened to this song.

When I first heard it, I adopted it as my banner song. I don’t think I’ll ever have a different favorite song. How could I have forgotten and gotten discouraged lately. I want to be a shining light at Louisiana State University.

But lately due to some necessary humbling, I don’t feel qualified to shine light on a cockroach. I feel run dry. But just hearing History Maker again…it stirs something within my spirit…like God’s saying, “Josh, it’s not over. It hasn’t even begun yet.” I know LSU is the beginning of God using me to speak and live for Him…

I really was being silly. God’s purpose for me is still alive and well.

My mom turned to me and said, “You know why you like this song? Because it’s who you are.

If you’re reading this today, know that the gifts and calling of God, as Romans says, are “without repentance,” meaning they are still there for you. Read Jeremiah 29:11, and…

…remember that: it’s who you are. Be who God has called you to be. And don’t make any apologies to skeptics. Ever.

44f ;