5b4

Sunday, October 17, 2004

For all J-clayt fans out there...

I am very tired and want to get back to finishing the Lord of the Rings trilogy (which I will be doing till probably past 4 am this great Sunday morning)...

...but I now write this blog post at the end of a long Saturday/beginning of a new Sunday because fans of The Life and Times of Joshua Clayton blog informed me tonight that they want more. And more they shall get. So Kristen, this one's for you...Patrick you too...except I shouldn't even mention you dude as you've gotten too much publicity on this site already.

After waking up at 1:30 p.m., I did went about my day...and did various nondescript things (including finally starting to watch the last 2 LOTR's...not that LOTR is by any way nondescript)...until finally 9 pm came.

9 pm meant the death metal band B.A. Holloway at the Chi Alpha Cafe (XAC).

Disclaimer: The Life and Times of Joshua Clayton blog does not endorse "that loud devil music" or excessive guitar smashing...as it is a waste of precious metals (covering my butt against rebuttals from the Environmental Protection Agency there (http://www.epa.gov)). B.A. Holloway isn't a metal band anyhow. They're a death metal band.

All jokes, aside, we had Dean on drums, Christian on bass, Chris on acoustic, and Adam on electric. Luke opened up for BAH (what a great abbreviation for a band)...and he was great.

OK, here's a gig review:

Ladies and gentlemen. It was fantastic sitting out on Highland Road watching the one and only B.A. Holloway deliveir some great tunes under the bright lights next to the XAC. I mean, come on...what would rock more than actually transporting the sofas from the XAC out onto the sidewalk to blast some real heavenly tunes to the public? B.A. Holloway shined from beginning to end. One highlight was a break in the show where Chris had the opportunity to keep playing while (whilst for you Brits reading) theother band members tuned up or something. So Chris asked, "what should I sing about?" Someone shouts, "chicken!" So I shout, "Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers!!" (For those of you who haven't tasted Cane's...I bestow my deepest sympathy upon you). And so Chris impromptu sang a song about rising Cane's prices, etc. Another highlight was a song sung for a girl picked out from the crowd who had to sit on a stool up front...and a passer-by who's birthday it was...Michelle, a pre-med volleyball player, had to listen to Chris sing about her smashing his face with the volleyball and then sewing it up in the ER room..."because Michelle is 19!", etc. I could go on and on about the wonderful singing, music, et-cetera, but time and webspace are limiting. Let me just tell you that as Chris hoped, it did indeed rock all our faces off.

Ahem. There. Back to Lord of the Rings. (**thinks**: The main beef I have with college is that there are never enough hours in the day. I don't ever sleep enough I think, because there are too few hours to be AWAKE, much less to be ASLEEP.)

OH WAIT!

How could I have forgotten this one other important gig moment? : Chris shouts, after a song, "Ok, Josh I want to see some crowd participation here." So, I shout WHOOO HOO YAAAAAYAAAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and some other random nonsense and wave my hands, et-cetera. Then Chris says, "I meant the other Josh, but yeah, that's okay, you too." **inserts paper bag over face and goes to watch Lord of the Rings NOW.**

44f ;