5b4

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Fall Break

Wednesday singled the last day of class before a 2 day break from class followed by Friday and Saturday. After a really good workout, my Dad stopped by LSU after having done business in Baton Rouge and we went to eat at Highland together. Then we went to First New Testament Church for an evening service. This may be the place God wants me to attend...I met a bunch of cool devoted people, including a guy, Tim, who's going to drive me there for church Sunday. Then I went home and crashed...much needed sleep back at home.

It's strange going home...I suppose it will never be the same again. It's like, on the one hand this is my "home," but only nominally. It's strange though how quickly I can fall back into a home sort of routine.

The next day I went to my brother Matt's cross country meet at my old high school. Saw Coach Bowman and some old acquaintances...it was cool. Brandon's doing an awesome job leading P4P at school...or rather God's doing it through him. I can remember when we were glad to fill up the art room on days when we served pizza. Brandon tells me that there's not enough sitting room now just when there is a message...with no pizza. It feels good knowing I served my purpose at PRHS...it's one of those things where it's like, I was one of those privileged to plant seeds. And now they're watered and coming into fruition. I think that there is nothing better than being actively engaged in the purpose for which one exists. Being a leader in p4p at PRHS was nice...but I'm ready to do Christ's work at LSU now. Except now...it's like I shun leadership. Maybe that's bad...but I'd rather just serve and on a one-on-one basis hang out in East Laville and tell a guy about how God has blessed my life. Let's get this party started, Lord!

After the meet, I actually went to an evening P4P Refuge meeting (http://www.passion4purity.com) later on. It was so good getting to see everybody...Mr. Marion, Ms. Cindy, John, Ray, Ryan, Nick...seeing two PRHS girls were there. And meeting a couple newbies. We also had a smash-up awesome time of prayer...we must have been in prayer for over an hour.

Then today I well...wasted time...watched LOTR...got a haircut...played around with my siblings...slept the day awake before all that...etc.

Now I'm listening to Kutless' Sea of Faces. I had originally been enamored with their self-titled original release. Well now is the 2nd stage of Kutless infatuation. It's sooo much better than the 1st even...more melodic...more spiritually forceful...more lyrically poet and vivid...but it's still wild rock in places (yay). The 4 songs I most enjoy are:

  1. Not What You See - Wild rock n' roller with serious attitude...ironically though, as the song is about losing the ego attitude. It's about being a slave...choosing to be a servant and denying the human instinct of self-preservation.
  2. All Alone - I love the vocals mainly. Tasty.
  3. Passion - Probably my fave song on the album. Within my mind's eye / Flickering from the past / Come images that terrify and calm a paradox in me // Nail-pierced hands they run with blood / A splitting brow forced by the thorns / His face is writhing with the pain / Yet it's comforting to me The lyrics there just perfectly describe my response to the Cross I think, especially as shown in the Passion movie. it really is a paradox.
  4. It's Like Me - First of all it's great rock...the guitar here is my favorite on the album. This is not head-banging material...it's just pretty rock. The message though is what grips my heart...as it's what's important to me right now...what' s important to our XA lifegroup...you'll see why in the blog post above...

Tomorrow, I'm going to take the Greyhound bus back to LSU...so that will be my first Greyhound bus experience...yay. Back to college.

44f ;