5b4

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Homochitto National Forest

Great times this weekend at an awesome campsite in the State of Mississippi. XA Christian Fellowship...THE MEN.

The funny thing is the women had their own "pink" party sleepover Friday night, also. We had this gender segregation thing so that for 3 days we could do the "manly" thing...and I kid you not: it seems we couldn't stop talking about women the whole trip. A woman's touch is thoroughly appreciated...especially in light of the fact that her absence allowed us to do some rather "dodgy" stuff out in the wilderness... ;-)

In any case, the nightly campfire was great, all the food, the cold weather, the midnight hikes, the day hikes (and there were plenty of them--I'm exhausted)...

Many antics yes ANTICS, people performingly manly feats to astound each other. Much much storytelling/joking, gathering firewood, seeing nature (even 2 deer and a huge LOTR sized spider..well not that big)...

The only thing there wasn't much of was cleanliness. As a matter of fact, was there any? I won't expound upon that.

Anyway, I had an awesome time...it was funny, manly, fun, interesting, though-provocative...

I slept in a tent the first night and under the sky last night. The fact I was sloped downhill and a root underneath my back didn't agree very well with me...I woke up on the hour...but that's part of the experience, folks.

The awesome thing was how hilly/mountainous it was, compared to the usual boring Louisiana flat swamplands (yuck). Great workouts hiking/carrying wood, jumping over creeks, teetering across logs, etc.

I could have continued camping for a week were it not for the fact that I have other stuff to do.

i.e., 3 exams this week.

44f ;