5b4

Friday, November 05, 2004

Midnight Rider

After XA The Gathering tonight, Mr. Zach Mitchell provided us with hot cocoa and Chai tea, with cookies for dipping. (Or biscuits, rather, if you're privileged enough to be a Briton.) I had one Chai and two cups of cocoa and so i was very very very hyyypppeerrrr.........

On a spur of the moment decision, I launched not directly back to my dorm but on a night joyride in the cold night air, sporting my vintage high school cross-coutry hoodie. I biked all over the campus.

The cool thing about riding all over campus this late at night is there's no one out hardly, no cars, so I rode at top speed up and down hills. I even stopped by Mike the Tiger's cage and said hullo......he was sitting upright watching the world go by....what little bit of the world is moving at midnight.

After 15-20 minutes of top speed all the way biking, I was winded and sweating (in cold weather), so I pulled my bike in and came in to catch my breath.

This is what's great about college. Come on, high schoolers, you know you want to ride your bike all over town at midnight. Well maybe you don't.

I did. I'm weird. Some people prefer to call that individuality.

44f ;