5b4

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Hurrah for class

First day of class this semester. Couldn't sleep much last night. Always antsy the night before class starts. First class, Medieval Civilization. Should be a real smash-up. I'm really exciting about reading Augustine's Confessions! There's really a lot of great literature we'll be studying. It's a 6 hour course, half lecture, half class discussion seminar. We all introduced ourselves in seminar and what-not today and I can tell Dr. Herndon will definitely keep things interesting.

Next I went to Music Appreciation. Large class. Should be enjoyable also. Matt McClure and my cousin Ryan are in there. It's pretty cool to have a class whose homework is partially listening to opera and classical CDs!!

Worked from 12-4:30. I'll probably work 11.5 hours per week this semester.
Dad met me for dinner.
Oh and signed up for a beginner's ballroom dancing leisure class! I'm a little nervous about it but looking forward to getting some culture.

In addition to Music Apprec. and Med. Civ., I'm taking Accounting and Communications Studies i.e. Speech.

So, yeah. 15 hours this semester. Good to be back in the swing of things.

44f ;