5b4

Friday, January 21, 2005

Well THAT was random.

Long day today (I'll get to the random part). Up at 8 am, Medieval Civ. seminar at 9. Discussed Genesis 1-4 today in detail. It became quickly obvious who were the ones with Christian beliefs in the group and several of us including myself debated about these issues in an environment critical of a view of the Bible as inspired of God, at best. I was nervous at first, but like the others, once you openly discuss something with the professor, you can't shut up...
In class till noon, work from noontil 4:30. Then by the time I'd gone for a 3.5 mile run, run an errand, talked to a couple people on the phone and hung out with some friends I ran into, I was eating dinner after 7, where I happened to sit by a dude I knew who introduced me to this other girl. We started talking. Before she left, she invited me to some party at a guy's house. I was like "okay maybe, I've got chi alpha tonight," etc., but she persisted and was so nice...I assented there was a chance, maybe. In the back of my mind, I was like, "Josh you need to study not go to a freaking party, why the heck do you smile and just let chicks wall over you." I put that aside, finished eating, had a quite time with God, went to XA, had a great time, socialized some, then...here comes the random part.

It's almost 11:30. I'm like okay, I'm call this girl. So I call and randomly as a joke say "Lauren? This is your long-lost cousin, Josh." I let her be mystified for only 10 seconds before I remind her we met in the cafeteria. She gives me directions. I'm not knowing what to expect as I get there 15 of midnight, with my car parked under a bridge. If the booze is flowing freely and it's nasty I'm out, I think. So I walk into this dude's cram-packed apartment. Lauren introduced me to loads of people, who introduced me to other people, who...
I chatted and munched on a cookie. I'd avoided the brownies as I still have this latent fear of the "special genre." Sizing up the crowd, it was a nice bunch of folks. Then I randomly ran into two girls I'd met earlier in the medieval civ. class...who took the Christian point of view with me. I point blank asked this girl Emily about her beliefs and of course the rest is history, we talked for twenty minutes or so and it was cool. Blah blah...meet other people. Meet the owners. At some point Lauren left. I quickly realised I'd apparently found a fun-loving group of what seemed predominantly dedicated Catholics who like to hang out dance eat an stuff at this some cool dude's apartment on a regular basis. Emily and I had a really interesting conversation and agreed about a lot of spiritual issues...of course there were a few drinking there and we both discussed our decision to not drink, etc. I left after 30-45 minutes and then once I got on campus spent like 15 minutes trying to find a doggone parking place at almost 1 a.m.

So I'm still trying to sort out today. It was weirdly good. Lauren Emily and I laughed that it apparently was meant to be. So how do defending the Bible in med. civ., nice devout Catholics, and a kicking party fit together? Oh and of course doing more Napoleon Dynamite impressions. Matt at work and I went on forever quoting like 20 scenes from that movie.

Why did i even post this? Geez, it's nearing 3 am and I've got to be at work for 8 am. Bless!

Lafonda is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm convinced she's my soul mate. Napoleon, I'm sure there's a babe for you out there somewhere. Peace out.

Can you bring me my chapstick?
No Napoleon!
But my lips hurt real bad!
Just ask the school nurse, I know she has like 5 sticks in her drawer!
I'm not gonna use hers you sicko!

44f ;