5b4

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Enough

Enough endless hurricane stuff on my blog. A little normalcy. What I've been doing lately.

Tuesday I slept the whole day away till the evening, woke up and ended up going to Tollie's with Recka and Cody to stay up all night with video games, coffee, swimming, and other oddities. At daybreak, we ate breakfast. Then at 8 a.m. Wednesday we went to the PMAC to help volunteer. We were only there about a half-hour because they didn't need much help at the time. I went back, showered, talked to Recka about missionary work, and eventually went back to Tollie's for more video games / swimming. Then I ate and met with some friends to go back to the PMAC. I worked there for another 3.5 hours basically just walking around asking the elderly what they needed. I hunted everything from ambulance information to plates of food to female hygiene necessaries for poor stranded refugees in this field-house turned hospital. When I left, Emily and Lacey showed up back at Tollie's to pick me up and bring me to Nicole's birthday party. Whoa, and she cooked for her own birthday, how crazy is that?! Delicious, though. Great folks, great food, great fun. Now It's midnight and after staying up all night last night, I'm exhausted and going to sleep till probably noon.

Actually that's not normalcy, is it?

44f ;