5b4

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Kids Say the Darndest Things...and So Do Their Parents

Of all the pseudo-wisdom I could offer my readership, the mostly uninteresting tales I could relate to you all, the books I could quote...I will offer you something I found highly amusing.

I went with several friends to the Nicholson Hall observatory earlier tonight to look through the high-powered telescope there. I engaged in a conversation with a couple with two kids there. Two things from that conversation stick with me:

1. One little girl bit the Mom's hand. The Mom sent the little girl over to the Dad, who asked, "Why did you bite Mommy's hand?" The little girl replied, "Because my teeth were cold!"

2. Upon hearing this, chuckling, I looked to the Mom and said, "I don't even know you, but that remark she made will stick with me for the rest of my life." The Mom replied, "You don't even know - we are like a walking brochure for birth control."

A little harsh, but hilarious.

44f ;