5b4

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

DUDE!

My Dad was in Baton Rouge on business today, so we got to hang out...and eat out. He also took me to the store and got me some essentials, as well as a new pair of pants.

The incredible thing is the special package he had for me. I haven't told anyone, but for the past month I've wanted a digital camera...really really really wanted a digi camera. My dad popped the trunk open, made me close my eyes. I fingered the box placed in my hands and opened my eyes to find a top-notch digital camera. I was speechless. Those of you who know me know that making me speechless is an accomplishment. I thanked him with a lump in my throat. How does stuff like that work out? When we delight ourselves in Christ...He has a way of communicating our secret desires to others and they end of blessing us. Looking forward to my career, I think I want money most not so I can have a comfy suburban lifestyle, but so that I can lavishly give to those I love...to my wife and children...so that I can moreover give to the kingdom of God. After all...the Bible says money answers all things. And what good is money if we can't lavish it on those we love? Money is a means to an end...which is why our society is jacked up. Money has become the end in and of itself. How tragic.

Anyway, I must go now and shower, do laundry, attend a business fraternity info meeting, and do homework and read the Bible and Tolkien (whoa, I don't know if all that's getting done)...so I can start using my camera tonight. And...cha-ching, now I can take like 3 million pictures of my Love when I go visit her this weekend! Aaaaah!!! Duuuude!

44f ;