5b4

Monday, August 07, 2006

Out of the Teens

Praise God, I've finally joined my girlfriend and entered the twenties.




That was supposed to be funny. The internet's major downfall is its inability to utilize the stressing of voice in certain places.



I turned 20 years of age this past Saturday, August the 5th. The party began Thursday, when my family took me to the Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans. It had been years since I'd been...one of my favorite places to go as a kid. Then we went to one of my family's favorite restaurants, Lebanon's, in uptown New Orleans. Try the Lamb Kebob...delicious. Please don't get skittish about me suggesting eating an adorable little darling sheep. I think they're so cute, as well, especially on a bed of humus sauce and fresh lettuce. The servers came and sang happy birthday to me and lit the cake my grandparents bought. I went to the bathroom and overheard several servers near the kitchen talking about wanting a piece of my cake. I wheeled around and said, "Oh, would you like some cake?" They were so embarrassed. I brought them each a piece. Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

Friday night after work, my friend Natalie called and told me to come to the park. I got there late and I was blown away. She and James had decorated the gazebo for me with balloons and streamers and several people showed up to help me eat the food. I also got pirate party favors, since I've been obsessed with the Pirates movies, of late. I got a Shrek cookie cake! The po-po showed up in their cars and made us leave, said the park was closing down. I didn't get home till late and had forgotten to ask off work, working a full shift on 2 hours of sleep. What a birthday celebration...complete with guests telling me such things as "Is the KKK running this establishment?" and "If I don't get some biscuits right now, I'm about to have the SHAKES!!" Lordy-a-mercy. I fell out laughing twice in the kitchen. I've learned a lot this summer working in the restaurant industry: people are STRANGE.

That evening I had my third cake and got a bunch of DVDs as presents. I went and got the LOTR extended's with my money!!! Woo!

I also celebrated my birthday by joining the cult / high school emo kid / stalker / pedophile world of Myspace. DON'T check it out at right here.

One more week of Cracker Barrel! Amanda's back from her cruise, I miss her! Chi Alpha retreat in a week.5! School in 3!! Woo!!

44f ;