5b4

Friday, July 21, 2006

I AM IN LOVE (revisited)

December 16, 2006.


Seven months later. A friend asks me when I knew for sure that I loved Amanda. My answer is this:

"When I went back home. I couldn't go on with my life. It happens when you can't imagine your life without this person any more. It was a bit scary. That's the test of whether or not you love someone. It's whether or not your world keeps turning. When we were apart, my world stopped turning."

So that's my advice, whatever it's worth. If your world turns as normal, proceed cautiously. If a physical separation causes your world to stop turning, you're hopelessly lost. Lift up your head toward heaven and give thanks. As another friend of mine told me, once you've fallen in love, you've lived half of your life already.

44f ;