5b4

Friday, November 17, 2006

The Struggle to Study

I find it amazing that Hurricane Katrina is now viewed as an event devastating enough to be listed next to the attack on the World Trade Center in 2001. In my accounting textbook: "For an established company, a major event such as a labor strike, rapidly changing regulatory and competitive forces, or a disaster such as 9/11 or Hurricane Katrina can cause expenses to exceed revenues--a net operating loss."

But I need to focus not on that, but on what I am studyig. What am i studying again? Oh yes. How to account for taxes when there is a net loss on the income statement. Super.

I am sick again. Headache, sore throat, etc. Tonight I'm going to sleep for a long time. I was so tired when I woke up this morning, I grabbed my deodorant stick to apply it to my toothbrush, instead of toothpaste.

Okay, I need to get back to work now. My test is this afternoon. Then I have a cost accounting test Tuesday. One test at a time. I think we're going to watch Gladiator tonight. That's my favorite movie of all time.

44f ;