5b4

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Eustace Has Become a Dragon

There comes a time (if not times) in the life of every human being where we realize our demons are bigger than we can handle. Here is a bit of poetry I wrote some time ago when I discovered I had a monster inside of me.


A goblet to the sky

Toasting farewell to innocence.

Let the bells toll for us

The soon and future dead.

Regret and wrath take my hands

Scrape all these scales away

To red new skin.

All I wanted was to bleed

So you slashed my right hand

And kissed me on the right cheek.

Looking back

You look like hell

But it’s under your feet.

Can’t raise the dead

When I’m on the way

But never quite there

Though grown up so fast

To become a small man.

So what happens next?

But we all know the answer to that.

I’ll never feed the monster again

Then he’ll drown in my bitterest tears

My sweaty hands on your throat.

My sweaty hands on your throat.

My sweat cleaned the hands water could not.

44f ;