5b4

Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Rules

Rule #5: Do not write down everything the professor says.
Rule #6: Schedule one day on the weekend to avert your eyes from anything law-related.
Rule #7: Don't wear brightly colored shirts (e.g. yellow and pink) if you do not want to get called on.
Rule #8: Treat the experience as a full-time job with plenty of mandatory overtime, without monetary compensation.

Dear diary,
This was a rough week. In law school, you get do not have canceled classes. You have rescheduled classes. The many classes we missed during Hurricane Gustav week - we have to make all them up. And several of those occurred this past week. By the week-end, there is no desire to read left in me. Raised in a video-games-dull-the-brain household, I never before would have thought until now that buying an xBox is a legitimate business expense, related to maintaining sanity. I am glad I know where the feet of Jesus are, at His throne. Without Him, I would have lost my peace of mind this past week, and possibly even a piece of my mind. Still, the law is such a rewarding pursuit and fascinating love.
Oh and another thing. If my laptop computer would join Facebook, I would add him as a friend because he's a constant companion these days.

44f ;