5b4

Saturday, January 22, 2005

BBQ

Slept from 4 til 4 (am to pm) if you can believe it! 4:30 Pat calls me and says there's a barbeque at Zack's, so I call up and John and we take my Buick and get there after 5:00. Great food, time of prayer, fellowship, and then we had an arm-wrestling match. Over the Top and all that. I actually won a couple matches! And no, the moon is not blue tonight...oh wait. **peers through blinds**, hold on a second...
Then we watched...GLADIATOR!...for the umpteenth time. Umpteenth is good of course, since this is my favorite movie of all time. We finally got to see the 15 minute film we'd made for Kent, for his class. It was quite amusing...and featured me in a small part as a rebellious math student who did a funky dance upon converting a mixed number to an improper fraction correctly. Everyone appears to like my "hooptie." I prefer to call it the MXB, Most Excellent Buick.
The streets of Baton Rouge are a better place to be.........because of the MXB.

To close on a somber note, let's discuss genocide. Today is yet another anniversary for Roe v. Wade. If it wasn't for abortion, you may have had an extra friend who would turn out to be your best mentor. There would be millions of more people on earth...some of whom would make outstanding contributions to the arts, medicine, the Church...

44f ;