5b4

Monday, January 03, 2005

A random post

What am I supposed to title boring posts that result from boredom? Pfft. Whatever.

It's nice having a car and everything now. The feeling of independence in being able to drive myself around to take care of my own affairs is, well, good. Went to my first ever chiropractic visit today. It's no wonder I have constant headaches and neck pain. Doc says I had swollen muscles and all kind of stupid crud keeping me sore. Chiropractic appointments are weird and cool. I found out my back can pop in ways I never knew. No solution came out of it. Actually, I had temporary relief, but an hour later, I was sore as before.

Hooray for Chuck E. Cheese's! (where a kid...can be...a kid!) We went there in honor of my younger brother John's 7th birthday. It's quite a surreal environment. Dancing robotic animals, dozens of video games, kids running around chomping on pizza, bright lights, blah blah. I love it! I started thinking about how great it will be to spoil my kids at places like this.

However, I also got sad. I looked at all the parents around and considered the fact that for most parents, this is the extent of love they show to their kids: providing material things/experiences for them. Few parents spend time with their children, interacting with and loving on them. Even fewer offer the most important Element, a spiritual upbringing. If my kids never have a Chuck E. Cheese experience, I want them to feel the love of my spouse and I and have more than STUFF. I want to give them US.

John, Jess and I took a couple great pics from the party today and I'll post them in a couple weeks, once I re-hook up that scanner.

I need to go read the Bible. I'm finally doing one of those one-year read the whole Bible plans. Please, don't applaud me. Slap me for not seeking God enough before. Or maybe pray for me, I'll dispense with the slapping part.

44f ;