5b4

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Walking With God

What's the greatest thing about serving God? Is it winning souls for Christ? Singing great worship anthems? Attending great conferences? Preaching to the masses? Great Christian fellowship? Understanding theological mysteries? I must confer with my dad. He was conversing with God one time, and he heard the Lord say to Him, "The greatest thing is just to walk with me."

Just to walk with God.

I walked into the bedroom over an hour ago to read the Bible. That didn't happen. I'll have to do that later.
What did happen is I poured out my heart to God and just...talked with Him! Just as I would talk to you, in a conversational tone.

At some point, I just started laughing out loud, laughing at the situation. Someone walking by would have thought I was nuts. I'm sitting alone laughing with God in a typing chair.

I think God relates to each of us as individuals, and therefore each of us should have a unique relationship with God. Really, in my opinion we are all "weird," in a sense. Nicely put, we are "individuals." ;-)

In case you are wondering what I was laughing about...
One of my unique ways of relating to God is that I usually pray in a conversational tone to God, and I was just laughing with God about my idiosyncracies and the wacky way I relate to Him.

Respond: When was the last time God heard from you? You're his child and naturally, He wants to build a relationship with you!

44f ;