5b4

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Good Times

Let's see, my life. I'll pick up with Thursday night. Dad was in town, picked me up at 6 pm so we could eat at Ruby Tuesday's. Then he and I went back to 119 West Laville to crash and catch up in conversation. Then we went to Chi Alpha and he checked that out. He stayed in Baton Rouge that night. I then had to study for a huge Medieval Civ. test. I studied from 11:30 to 5 a.m Friday. I then had to wake up at 7:45 to go to work. Yeah, tiredness indeed. Then after work, went to class, took that test (I hope I did okay, I think so). Then I did a little workout at the REC.

At 5:00 I went to a meeting for the missions team, then to dinner at the Callaways'. Such wonderful and hospitable people. Then Timothee and I went back to his apt. and spontaneously declared we would play Super Mario World. We played for like 4 hours. I'm not going to lie. I got kicks off of the conversation he had with his "GF." He loves it when I refer to them as GF/BF. I went back and slept at my dorm at 1 am and didn't awake till 2:45 p.m. Much needed sleep.

Then back over to Timothee and Zeke's to watch Collateral and eat. Collateral is pretty good b.t.w. High moment of humor: I dish up some food, including some ground beef and corn in a pan. I'm puzzled by this new dish: ground beef and corn mixed. Zeke walks into the kitchen and I ask, "Looks good, but what do you call this dish?" Zeke goes, "Um, well we usually call it ... Tacos." In my defense, I didn't see the taco shells behind me, okay? Timothee and I finished Mario. (Or he just went straight to Bowser and beat him.) I died so many times on the game they threatened to make me do all the dishes!! Good times.

Then to Cafe XA at 7:00 to help set up for the 9:30-1 am gig. Rachel Hebert, Monica Filgo, and then B.A. HOLLOWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (check out the link on the sidebar of the site) played. Great times chatting with folks/music/mocha. Greg and I almost fell off the sofa laughing several times at the lead singer, Chris, who is such a hilarious guy. At one point, he and the other guitarist were play fighting verbally and so Chris ran out and drove around the block in his car (I jumped in with him). Chris definitely knows how to work a crowd, too. I stayed to clean up and didn't get away till 3:00 and now it's 20 minutes of 4:00, so there's my life this weekend.

Good times. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

44f ;