5b4

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Music & Mocha

Music and mocha: we'll start this post discussing the former and end it discussing the latter.

Well, since it seems ages since I've posted about music, here are a few new/old favorites that have been gracing my ears in the past couple weeks:
"Alone," Sanctus Real. If I've ever wanted to headbang, it's to the guitars in this song.
"Broken Heart," Falling Up.
"No Second Chances," Whitecross.
"Readyfuels," Anberlin.
"Cornerstone," Day of Fire.
"Far Away," 12 Stones.
"Liquid," Jars of Clay.

Okay, it seems like I've been using the blog as less and less of a journal lately. What can I say? This past week has been filled with the normal rock n' roll college life: praying that God explode in my life and on this campus, catching up on movie watching, class, few little measly hours at work, Chi Alpha, hanging out, partying on, reading the Bible--yearly plan, hanging out at Tollie's to eat spicy Louisiana food, and then there's the events of today (the mocha part I promised to tell you about).

Today after lunch with Zeke, Tollie, James, Scott, and Timothee/Shelley, I did some Bible, laundry, more food, and then an XA scavenger hunt. I ended up driving. We drove around the city of Baton Rouge looking for clues. First we had to go to Baton Rouge High, then the Ag Center on campus, then the state Capitol, then cinema, then the USS Kidd Battleship, then the XA Cafe. It took me Lionel and Amber like over 3 hours cos we had to go cross campus and I didn't know where I was going most of the time. On this occasion, I have a confession to make: it was good to have a woman in charge.....in the backseat.....giving directions (and no I didn't just say that). My poor passengers, I believe they were scared half to death a couple times when Amber was like, "hey turn there!" and I ... turned...batman turn style. Hey, we made it out in one piece! It was loads of fun...and yeah, we...finished.

And then I went to the XAC where our first gig of the semester was being held. I am now a part of the Soda Jerks (as we have dubbed ourselves...old 50s term). Weekends I'm volunteering to work the counter at the Cafe, whilst gigs are going on outside. It becomes a great hangout. People from the bars nearby can stop and observe the music out in the street, then go inside and get a coffee. So I can now mix a mean frappuccino for ya if you stop by. Hot cocoa, tea, and frap lattes if you wish, also. It's loads of fun!! It's fun just talking to people and serving them. It's really a great feeling, just hoping you've brightened someone's night and all that jazz. So yeah, it's late now and I've got church tomorrow.

Oh, and to that list of rock n' roll college activities, I noticed I left off one thing I've been doing.....studying.....um......yes. A lot. ....Maybe. ...Indeed. Ok, so tomorrow I have a date, make that several, with several textbooks.

44f ;