5b4

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Bean Story

Ok ladies and gents, grab yourself a hot cup o' bean and a blanket. Sit back on the couch. Due to public inquiry, once and for all, you shall hear the story of how the Bean became the Bean.

It was a blustery day. The wind howled and chilled to the bones. As I trekked across the landscape to the towering infamous CEBA building on the other side of campus, I could hear the shrieks of the wumpus, a fearsome creature who haunted CEBA with his...hauntingness....okay forget the melodrama.

During my first semester, when I reported to a new campus job in the ISDS Department, my boss figured me for an individual who's always jumping at the chance to do work and in general, an easily excited person. I would ask for tasks to do and she would say, "okay do this you little jumping bean." (Of course, my job is so easy and laid back, that's what one has to do, ask for assignments. Else sit there surf the web and answer the phone.) So as time went on, she just called me "Bean" all the time, and then so did my fellow student workers...word spread around to some of my other friends...and now the legend of the Bean is inspiring folks everywhere.

44f ;