5b4

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Working for the Weekend

What've I been doing lately? (besides blogging about chivalry.)
I've been workin'. I'm finally actually getting some overtime! A little bit. I did an 11-hour work day today and will be doing well to get 4 hours of sleep to get up and go to work for 6 a.m. tomorrow. But hey, I need the dough, so...ho ho ho! I went and got some extra hours at a Sav-a-Center an hour away that needed help because they lost a lot of frozen food in the recent tropical storm that came through Louisiana. Speaking of which, I'm glad Hurricane Dennis is by-passing Louisiana again, but pray for those poor people in Florida who lost everything last year and now are about to go through it all over again! Also, my heart goes out to those who died and to the families in London. Psalm 91 is a comforting thought these days.
On a side note, I had some real jerks come through my cashiering line today. Having worked with the public is teaching me to be gracious when I'm the customer. So, once you're shopping again and going to customer service to deal with that spoiled milk, do demand service and a refund, but don't be an idiot and yell/scream/curse/defame the workers. Look at the "Mr. Fish" post several posts back and you'll find that we just might "call the police." ;-)

44f ;