5b4

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Saturday

Slept till past 2 p.m. For shame. Must have needed it as it was sound sleep and it felt like early morning when I got up. Discovered LSU decided to not activate my meal plan, so I hope they get it straightened out early enough next week for me to be able to EAT. Did a bunch of calling people to schedule volunteer workers for Cafe Chi Alpha next week. After nigh an hour, miraculously, I think the schedule is complete. We're doing this Monday through Wednesday in the evenings to provide a good atmosphere for students to study and get cheap coffee during the week. Great in-road to the XA community as well. Went to the Rock the Rec, and I climbed the rock wall ...twice, while my friends laughed at me putting on the climbing device. I exclaimed, "It's like a weird undergarment!" Climbing takes some upper body strength, I'll tell you! Then we went to the "Block Party" on the parade grounds. I never found the "block" and I don't know what happened to the "party" but there was loud music and folks standing around. Anyway, I got free pizza. Better yet, mingled and met a ton of really cool people! I invited a lot of people to the Gathering and to Lifegroup, because I really am excited about what God wants to do in students' lives this semester. I want us together to learn what it means to be at peace with being a living sacrifice. After that, John and James, 2 new friends, came with me, Zeke, Lionel, and Tollie to hit up some Perfect Dark for '64. Anyone remember that game? ...and bed.

44f ;