5b4

Monday, October 03, 2005

Hurricane Clean-up Photos

A couple weekends ago, a bunch of Chi Alpha folks, including myself, went to my hometown of Slidell to help people who sustained flood damage from Hurricane Katrina. We were basically ripping up carpets, knocking out walls, etc., all day long. In all the pictures, I'm the guy in the yellow "B.A.Holloway" shirt.

Slidell. Widespread devastation. The neighborhood we were in. My hometown.

The front yard as we were emptying the house.

Me. And a wheelbarrow.

My friend Matt Davis cleans up. As you can see, we really gutted the home.

Dustin and I take the kitchen sink.

Um, I don't know. Maybe...Dustin farts, Nick is aghast, and in the background, I space out and suddenly imagine I am floating through the mesosphere, surrounded by flying llamas.

Heather and I enjoy a break.

Eating lunch.

My idol, Chris Simmons, washes his hands, the work's day done.

44f ;