5b4

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Diversions

Ever since I replaced my car battery Sunday, my life has been filled with diversions. Hey, it's Thanksgiving week, that's my excuse for not being focused on school.

Monday night was grrreat. In lifegroup, we went about 2 hours worshiping and interceding. It was an incredible time in God's presence. That was followed by Chi Alpha water baptism in the University REC Center pool. 4 people were baptized, one guy, Jeff, having been an agnostic and recently come to faith. Awesome guy that I'm getting to know, with an awesome testimony. Then I went to Jonathan Buras' and Dustin Ellingburg's apt. and ate, like, 10 chocolate chip pancakes. Then I went to Scott's apt. I have discovered the joy of Halo. I am not trendy, as most of you know. I was content to stick with old school Nintendo, thanks very much. But I saw Halo 2 sitting there and asked Scott to give me a crash course in X-box. I was doing really...really bad. Got 3 hours of sleep that night, due to this newfound love. Even if you're bad at it, it's so fun to play.

Also, through the end of November, I've been fully utilizing the Blockbuster unlimited movie pass. Today Cody and I watched One Hour Photo, a creepy Robin Williams movie. Ultimately, I found it to be a movie with a positive family message. For this expressing this view, I was given odd looks by three different people today.

I went back to Scott's and me Scott and Cody played about 4 hours of Halo. After a couple hours, I had thoroughly picked up the game, and I was teaching Flood the meaning of the energy sword. Actually, I'd much prefer to pick off those dragonfly things with a Ghost. Anyway, yeah. And I'm leaving for my folks' house at noon. And it's almost 5 am right now. And I have studied enough for Chemistry quiz in a few hours. And bed. Yeah.

44f ;