5b4

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow Kid

I first heard about the East Laville Hall 3rd Floor "sleepy kid" a couple weeks ago. I was talking to the party animals at the end of the hall about something nondescript, and one of them pointed out a guy halfway down the hall, hunched over, leaning against the wall, with a sullen look on his face. Ryan said that the guy was angry that the rest of the hall was keeping him awake. He was just staring at everyone. Granted, we do have people who play football and ride their bikes down the hall at 2 and 3 o'clock in the morning. As time passed on, I kept hearing the phrase "sleepy kid" laughed down the hall, so I finally asked a guy named James what this was all about. Apparently, it's just a dude who lives on the floor and (it is said that) he seems to be asleep all the time. At night, during the day....he's always asking for everyone to keep it down, as he's trying to sleep. I don't know why, but every time I hear somone outside my door saying, "sleeeeeepy kid!", it makes me chuckle. Heck, he's probably a cool guy, but I still think it's nice to have a legendary sleepy kid on our floor. Maybe I'll be as cool as (get as much sleep as) him one day. So there you have it, my Halloween story. Not very scary I'm afraid... (did you get that? Huh? That pun?..."not very scary I'm AFRAID" ....eh?)

In other news, I costumed early, on Friday night, the scavenger hunt, homestar runner. Many people have been asking to see pictures. I will post them as soon as someone else posts the pictures they took, so I can rip them off.


Also, I did not watch a Halloween movie last night (what a silly idea!). I watched Shawshank Redemption (I'll admit for the first time) and thought it should be considered as maybe the best movie of all time.

44f ;