5b4

Friday, March 24, 2006

Communing with the Heart

I tried my hand at writing a little poetry for the first time in months. This was a couple weeks ago. I ended up writing a monstrous 18-stanza poem. Below is a snippet of it. I may post more later on if you guys like this at all.

From whence it came I dared not question

But a colloquy of various sentiments

Within my heart all agreed

The cold was undeniable

And the emptiness had come


Hope, wicked and cruel bestirred

By a newfound force external

To my chest and yet within

Something I never knew was missing

Till the diagnosis came


The physician, with import, did declare

A rare disease yet one quite clear

Had taken hold upon my heart

The throbbing pain was no condition

But a lack thereof, something missing

Why so sudden and why so strong?

Why so acute and why so long?

An independent life I’d lived

And suddenly restlessness unknown

I must the cause of this be shown!

The answer, I knew, lay within my chest

And with the truth my God has blessed

This soul of mine with what I sought

And thus I communed with my own heart.

44f ;