5b4

Friday, March 31, 2006

"Specter"

Grim the outlook this foul night

For hearts constrained in vaults of stone

This tangled web prevents me now

With years of poison ivy growth

And as for you, these cold grey lips

Crack beneath my fingertips

The parasites have come again

And sucked the emotion from your veins

The only tears these glassy eyes

Will cry are tears from clouds of sky

Falling upon your weathered face

And corroding your skin without a trace

Of any blush or any flush

And cheeks unyielding to my touch

Your shoulders sag like crumbling walls

This chest a hint of imperial halls

Once filled with sparkling jewels of passion

Replaced now with broken bones and ashen

Alas, my young man! My aged relic!

I know that for you tears are cried by angelic

Beings in paradise, mourning your suicide

Your stifled affections laying dormant inside

This rotting old heart, this silent gray tomb

Filled with hopes deferred and finally doomed

For the sun does not rise to embrace your skin

But only to parch your soul from within

So here we are now, your death and my life

Oh, what can be done to your mettle revive?

With bleeding red lips I shall kiss your pale orifice

Rejoice dear specter, for I am your savior.

44f ;