5b4

Friday, April 21, 2006

A Declaration of War Most Irrevocable

I danced all night with the truth

And though I was close to her all night

I’m a distant galaxy away from

Having her for my own

My heart beat fast with every word

Hanging onto the anger in your eyes

Maybe this is the cause, unveil the revolution

And if not I’ll drown my sorrows

Or else trade them tonight


You and I, how we burn

We burn for You!

Does our triumph lie in this?

Such anger and fury

That gives me strength godlike

The power of a cause intoxicating

I may be drunken with this vendetta

Though it’s rightness pulsates still

Beating with words of fire and glory


And though in shadow this land dissolves

This world and its elements melted

In a fervent heat my fears forged

And though our swords be dipped in foe-blood

I’ve been a lover with one truth

And love will guide my feet

Across this delicate dance floor

As I hear the war drums slowing

She burns my cheek with kisses

And my ear with whispered promises

Of a most certain armistice.

-Bean, 4/21/06.

44f ;