5b4

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

ANBERLIN @ HOB NOLA!


I happened to see my friend Collin Cleary today. We hadn't seen each other for a while, and we we had time for a chat beneath the Pierre's Landing overhang on campus, as it rained cats and dogs, stranding us from our respective workplaces in CEBA. We're both avid fans of the band Anberlin. Naturally, we got on the subject and I whined, "They haven't released an album in two years!" He tells me, "January." A new album in January! And before I can complain that they haven't been in New Orleans since March, he tells me, "Yeah they've got a show coming up in a few weeks on the 30th October." Believe me, within ten minutes I visited the House of Blues New Orleans' website and ordered a ticket for me and my significant other. I am so excited! Any of you who know me in person or read my blog probably know how crazy I am about this band. They come in a close second place to the band Delirious?, my all-time favorite band.

Other web research I've done suggests that their third studio album will be entitled Cities and will be released 1 February, 2007. It will follow their sophomore release Never Take Friendship Personal which I wrote a blog review of earlier this year. (Click here to read.) Their first album was entitled Blueprints for the Black Market, an equally solid album.

To update the previous post, Switchfoot has redone their website to promote their newest album Oh! Gravity, and they have put up 30-second clips of the 13 tracks from that album, which is to be released 26 December, 2006. Exciting times, these! (To Jacob Benda: Yanomashayin?! Mer mer mer.)

44f ;