5b4

Monday, October 02, 2006

A Billion Lights

Some new thoughts...

I remember when it was a mere vapor
A breath of warm air blown into the cool wind
A crystallization
And then a crashing
Into nothing
A mystery and a guess
Too afraid to pronounce aloud
What it could become
Or what it could produce
A fragile glass swan
Gracefully teeter-tottering
On the dot of the vertex
Of nothingness and everything
Calling out for faith and trust
And needing a pulsating heart
To keep the crimson tide
Flowing through its veins
All the trappings of a trap
From whence there was no return
With caution born on the winds
I tumbled into a endless hole
Tossing and turning
Grasping for reality
Wondering
Searching my heart for the answer
To the question
Of where I began and
Desperation ended
Healed and wounded
Awake and dreamy-eyed
Buried and quickened
Shooting upward
At the speed a billion lights
Reaching me from a great height
Beckoning me into radiance
Breaking and reforging the heart
And closing my eyes
I could feel the revolutions
Counted, one by one
My heart conquered every time
As my world spun out of control
And was dissolved into emotion
Fire was in my eyes
And a furnace raged on my lips
For a moment
Hopelessly flung foward
Beyond the constrctions
Of time and space
Letting go of my demons
The chief of which was
Rationality and reason.

44f ;