5b4

Friday, February 16, 2007

The Busiest Week of My Entire College Life

Six days. Eight interviews. Four exams. Four projects. Sickness. Little Sleep. Self-Fulillment.

No, it's not a TV miniseries. It's the past week of life.

My sleep schedule went like this: 4 hours of sleep, then 3, then 7, then 4, then 4. Hour-by-hour my day was planned out.

A few more highlights:

  • Seven interviews in one day: UHY Advisors, Deloitte (New York), CIT Group, Protiviti Consulting, JPMorganChase, Deloitte (Houston). And then an interview with Wachovia the next day. As my last post relates, I got the internship with the Deloitte office in New York. Still...more to follow.
  • Loss of voice from sickness and talking. I made an effort to yell through my Wachovia interview, making my voice sound audible.
  • Six o' clock a.m. coffee with my internal audit group to hash out an audit of a beef processing center. Why 6 a.m.? Because that was literally the only time of the week anyone had any extra time to do anything.
  • Matt Davis and I were assigned to buy refreshments for after the Gathering this Thursday. I was in a tired and sarcastic mood and was on the urge of buying green onions, lemons and other non-edible things, leave them on the table, and see what people's reaction was. We compromised though by buying pork rinds, peanuts, marshmallows, donuts, sliced bananas, grapes, sour candy hearts, cheese and crackers, and cherry limeade, all set out on plates in assorted colors. A janitor came by and said we should start a catering company.
What are my plans for the Mardi Gras break this weekend/next week? NOT to celebrate Mardi Gras. NOT to do any schoolwork (for a couple days anyhow). Amanda and I going to visit Cody Berry at his airbase in Biloxi tomorrow. Then leaving Sunday with my family to hang out with Amanda's family in Houston. I won't think about that AIS test next Thursday until later on...oh wait, that's Amanda calling. I have to end this post. She just arrived in town and we're going to watch a documentary in Dodsen Auditorium called "Invisible Children"...more later.

44f ;