5b4

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Slow Down, Cool Off, the Law Thing Has Gotten a Little Out-of-Hand

At a soccer game last night, as I watched a player get bumped to the ground by another player, I instinctively yelled, "BATTERY!" and then mumbled to myself, "But there is a legal defense of consent." What was I even doing at a soccer game mid-week, anyway? I'm in law school!

The first thing on my mind this morning when I woke up one minute before the alarm went off was Jenkins v. St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance. On my mind in the sense that I immediately started thinking about the logic underlying the case.

Last night as I went to bed, I half-dreamily began seeing Prof. Civpro asking, "Now, what did the defendant do in or with the forum?" I confessed this to a classmate today, and he responded that that is a good thing. That probably means you'll do well on the exam, he suggested. That's not to mention the fact that I've fallen asleep muttering Latin phrases before.

Prof. Torts summed it up well today when someone in class complained something along the lines of, There aren't enough hours in the day to read all this junk, outline my notes, brief the cases, and come to class. Prof. Torts indicated that we're actually going to double the amount of pages we've been reading per night. With a smile, he intimated that we would have to make trade-offs and decide how to study, adding, "Welcome to law school."

---

Don't worry. I'm not as wigged-out as this journal entry sounds. I just love dry humour.

44f ;