5b4

Thursday, November 06, 2008

I Surrender

Okay. You win, Common Sense. You have triumphed, O illustrious Necessity. I will hearken to your voice. Though till now I have written a formal case brief for every single, solitary, little case I have read in my substantive law classes until now, against the advice of others, in the face of not being able to get the readings done, in the hopes of being able to say, "I BRIEFED FOR THE WHOLE FIRST SEMESTER!", I will now only do book briefs. The professors are making us read more than ever, I have a federal memorandum due next week, our study group will not meet four days per week, and I am taking 10 practice exams over the next two weeks. There is simply no utility in case briefing any more. I will not be like a hypothetical man, who, enamored with his eating utensil, continues to press the fork into his mouth repeatedly, although the food on the plate is gone, causing bleeding of the gums and vomitorious impulses in the back of the throat.

Farewell, oh life of briefing every case. I shall not miss you. Not very much. Not a whole lot. Only a little. Well, actually, I might wonder why I'm not briefing any more. Do I have to stop? Define common sense again, please?

44f ;