5b4

Friday, August 20, 2004

Sounds Good

Don't you love the cereal TV commercial where the guy at the office desk is getting fired but he can't hear what his boss is telling him because all he hears is the sound of cereal crunching in his ears? Boss: "You're fired." Worker: "mm-hmm. Sounds good."

Sounds good.

How does free pool sound? Sounds good.

I did that but first hooked up with a few Slidell people...knew faces to me...at dinner at the union. The union is a 'happening' place.

Then I met some ultra cool dudes from Brother Martin who taught me pool...which we played for free, compliments of LSU tonight. I was no good at first, always hitting the bottom of the ball. Once I got "centered," I got to the point where I hit several in a row, was down to the 8-ball, but missed and got beaten. Coincidentally, these guys muttered something about "Ketron." I was like, "Wait, Ketron, who Ketron?" And indeed it did turn out to be Ryan Ketron, my cousin, who I'm hanging out with some tomorrow.

After that...got the hook up with my Pearl River High fellow homies to play pool...but unforunately my beginner's luck had run out. I sunk the 8 ball once and even (in a moment of seeming drunken stupour) hit the wrong ball. But it was hilarious.

In 20 minutes or less, one such homy (is that the singular form?) will ring me so we can go to Late Night LSU.

How does that sound?

44f ;